New markets for alternative energy are popping up all over the place, and the evidence from wind and solar shows that using natural resources results in an environmentally-friendly, sustainable energy source. However, developing energy via these types of large-scale projects involves a lot of construction work.
Kolb Grading are experts at having a complete understanding of all construction projects prior to starting work, so that issues and obstacles can be identified and handled ahead of time. We can provide exceptional project outputs for firms in the Power and Energy industries because of our construction knowledge and skills.
Our Energy Services
Kolb places a high value on our construction knowledge and expertise while working on Power and Energy sector projects. We’re experts at working to create and maintain safe environments for power producing facilities which help them run cleanly, safely, and efficiently.
Kolb Grading Offers Comprehensive Services to the Energy Market:
- Project Management and Construction
- Excavation and Site Work
- Very Heavy Rigging
- Site Cleanup
We Use Several Pieces of Heavy Equipment to Get the Job Done:
- CAT Excavators
- OTR Dump Trucks
Whether it’s building new energy cells for traditional power plants, grading protective areas around oil storage facilities and pump stations or land-management services for waterpower plants, we’re ready for the job. Our clients rely on our construction knowledge and expertise to deliver quality project outcomes to companies in the Power and Energy sectors.
We’ve done some of our best work creating supporting structures for energy producing facilities.
Taum Sauk Stabilization: Annapolis, Missouri
After a catastrophic reservoir dam failure in 2005, Kolb Grading was called to perform selected demolition and grading to provide safe access to the damaged site for Ameren and governmental officials. Working with civil engineers Rizzo & Associates, we helped write the reconstruction specs, including roll-compacted concrete and crushing requirements. This was a significant project, requiring planning, skill and creativity.
- Parapet Wall Removal; Process in Place
- Benching for Eroded Areas
- Remove Existing HDPE liner on the Reservoir Inner Slope with Wall Hooks and Safe-Line Systems
- Reconstructing and Maintaining Access Roads
- Creating a Stockpile Area Using Clearing and Grubbing
Mehldahl Hydroelectric Plant: Foster, Kentucky
We worked with Alberici Constructors:
- Rock Excavation and Benching
- Hauling Sand for Crane Pad Construction
- Haul and Permanent Road Construction
- Shotrock Stripping and Stockpiling
- Elevation Raise and Shotrock Replacement
Labadie Power Plant Ash Cell: Labadie, Missouri
A new Subtitle-D landfill cell for Ameren:
- 3,136,320 Square Feet of 90 Millimeter HDPE Liner Installed Using a Side-Boom Deployment
- 30 foot Berm Construction
- Outfall Structure
- Excavated 500,000 Cubic Yards of Material
- Created the Subgrade Floor for the Cell
- Utilized Mine Waste to Create Cells
- Installed a Clay Cap
Ash Fingers at Portage De Sioux: West Alton, Missouri
Fly Ash Pond Maintenance for Ameren:
- Created Main and Scrubber Haul Roads
- Pipeline Installation for Water Flow Management
- Trenched Existing Channels to Deepen and Widen Them
- Excavated, Dried, Hauled and Placed Over 300,000 Cubic Yards of Dry Fly Ash from Pond to Fills
- Removed 600,000 Cubic Yards of Material to Improve Existing Pond
Oil and Gas Pipeline Pump Stations
Kolb Grading has had the opportunity to help build pipeline infrastructure moving oil from Canada to the US Gulf Coast. At each pump station site we have created environmental perimeters around the station and storage facilities. Requirements include excavating, storm installation, geotextile installation and HDPE liners for spill containment.